Staff Accountant Information
The role will provide support to the Senior Accountant with accurate and timely financial information that is a key part of the functions of ESAL business.
Also the role is to provide professional and efficient customer service to all eSAL business partners, clients, suppliers and employees.
DUTIES (KEY RESULT AREAS):
·Ensure supplier’s accounts are reconciled and that timely payment is made according to these reconciliations
- Ensure all invoices are authorized by the responsible manager and signed
·Ensure prompt, efficient and polite communication with suppliers concerning Payments
·Ensure payments are allocated in a timely manner to facilitate bank reconciliation for the ESAL’s Business Accounts
- Generate cheques for payment of accounts
·Ensure salaries and related expenses are correctly recorded in the General Ledger according to reports from Payroll
- Check suppliers statements for missed invoices
·Ensure customer accounts are reconciled to facilitate timely payment (functions)
- Monitor customer account details for non- payments to facilitate timely payment
- Ensure daily takings sheets are correctly recorded
- Ensure accurate input of daily takings sheets in accounts system
·Ensure reimbursements are accurately recorded
Preparation of Financial Reports
- Collection of information end of month regarding Fixed Assets
·Preparation of financial reports and information from Accounts system at end of year for external audit purposes
- Preparation of financial reports from Accounts system at end of month for audit purposes
General Accounting activities
- Deal with daily transactions for the Petty Cash according to procedure and ensure that reconciliations are done on a monthly basis
- Prioritize activities to meet deadlines
·Identify any time consuming bottlenecks and recommend improvement of processes
·Provide a high level of customer service to members, guests, visitors, suppliers, media, other stakeholders and fellow employees.
·Respond to internal and external accounts enquiries promptly, efficiently and in a polite manner
·Ensure all relevant stock areas are secure at all times; Petty Cash in the office, records room, safe in the office
- Perform other administrative duties as required by your Manager, ESAL Leadership Team in a timely manner
- Clear communication with staff and clients
- Ensure efficiency of all admin processes and procedures
Ensures compliance with ESAL values, policies and standards, and ensures compliance will all local statutory requirements
- Complies with all local legislative requirements.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Where appropriate keeps up to date with legislative requirements through membership of industry organizations.
- Ensures personal adherence to workplace health and safety requirements and either addresses or brings to management’s attention when others are in breach of these requirements.
- Acts in an ethical way when dealing with company assets and other people.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by your Manager
- Supervises Admin Executive to ensure continuous and professional work is done
- Debtors, Internal Revenue/VAT Office, Auditors, Payroll Software Provider and Head of Finance &Admin.
- Head of Finance &Admin, Chief Executive Officer, Department Heads and staff.
- A sound level of numerical, written and spoken English skills.
- Minimum HND or Degree in Accounting.
- At least two to three years of clerical experience with Accounts Receivable and Payroll.
- Must be capable of Interpreting information, with a competent level of problem solving ability
- Microsoft Word/Excel experience- intermediate level
Minimum Inherent Job Experience Required:
- Contact Centre Experience will be an advantage.
- Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Pastel Payroll
- Pastel Partner
- Sage Evolution or X3
- Must be solution focused
- Sound judgement
- Team Player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Keep eyes focused on the wider goals of the organization.
- Must be capable of operating with a minimal level of supervision.
- Making appropriate decisions within authorities delegated.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to keep detailed file notes.
- Strong communication, written and verbal.
- Ability to deliver work to tight deadlines.
- Appraising People and Performance.
- Disciplining and Counseling Employees.
- Listening and Organizing.
- Setting Goals and Standards.
- Thinking Clearly and Analytically.
- Getting Unbiased Information.
- Making Decisions and Weighing Risks.