Regional Trade Operations Head
Structual Engineering Information
Our client, an international Shipping company is looking to hire a competent and proactive Regional Trade Operations Head to help with their day to day operations.
The successful candidate, will work closely with the Sales Director to initiate, develop and define the African growth strategy /ambition for the company closely with senior management. And also deliver on key utilization and market growth as agreed with MD/TM/region.
He/she will assist the Sales Director to build and monitor a high performing team to reach the sales goals set by the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiate, develop and define the African Growth strategy/ambition for the company closely with senior management.
- Deliver on Key utilization and market Growth as agreed with MD/TM/Region
- Invest in developing sound knowledge of the specifics of the African Market
- Build and Monitor a High Performing Team to reach the sales goals set by the company.
- Help the company gain ownership of 90% of West African ship utilization
- In charge of mapping complete FOB segment by Country for all key African countries by commodity verticals, in close cooperation with origin Areas and S.D.
- Responsible for liaising with GAM, KAM and Regional Sales departments to build strong support network in Regional offices worldwide for Africa promotion for outbound and inbound cargo.
- POE on all West African FOB topics for MR areas globally (Central, Germany, Belgium, France, Singapore, Dubai, China, etc.) as well as local agents.
- Responsible for improving cargo mix for inbound cargo by country, in close cooperation with TM, Area S.D and Sales Steering, aimed at bringing in best possible cargo mix.
- Responsible for maintenance, preparation and execution of African FOB tender list, aimed at maximum participation in all FOB tenders of significance for Africa.
- Responsible for FOB target list maintenance and consolidation for all FOB accounts in cooperation with TM & Regional Sales.
- Embrace hybrid role of Sales execution, Coordination and BD.
- Willingness and flexibility to work after hours and short notice business trips.