Logistics Operations Head ( Shipping / Transport)
Structual Engineering Information
Our client, an international Shipping company is looking to hire a competent and proactive Logistics Operations Head (Shipping / Transport) to help with their day to day operations.
The successful candidate, will work closely with the Sales Director to initiate, develop and define the African growth strategy /ambition for the company closely with senior management. And also deliver on key utilization and market growth as agreed with MD/TM/region.
He/she will assist the Sales Director to build and monitor a high performing team to reach the sales goals set by the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiate, develop and define the African Growth strategy/ambition for the company closely with senior management.
- Deliver on Key utilization and market Growth as agreed with MD/TM/Region
- Invest in developing sound knowledge of the specifics of the African Market
- Build and Monitor a High Performing Team to reach the sales goals set by the company.
- Help the company gain ownership of 90% of West African ship utilization
- In charge of mapping complete FOB segment by Country for all key African countries by commodity verticals, in close cooperation with origin Areas and S.D.
- Responsible for liaising with GAM, KAM and Regional Sales departments to build strong support network in Regional offices worldwide for Africa promotion for outbound and inbound cargo.
- POE on all West African FOB topics for MR areas globally (Central, Germany, Belgium, France, Singapore, Dubai, China, etc.) as well as local agents.
- Responsible for improving cargo mix for inbound cargo by country, in close cooperation with TM, Area S.D and Sales Steering, aimed at bringing in best possible cargo mix.
- Responsible for maintenance, preparation and execution of African FOB tender list, aimed at maximum participation in all FOB tenders of significance for Africa.
- Responsible for FOB target list maintenance and consolidation for all FOB accounts in cooperation with TM & Regional Sales.
- Embrace hybrid role of Sales execution, Coordination and BD.
- Willingness and flexibility to work after hours and short notice business trips.