Structual Engineering Information
Plans, evaluates and implement all aspects of projects on sites to accelerate the objectives of the company and regulatory agency by performing personal duties diligently or undertaking duties from higher authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Civil Engineer
- Prepare and implement project plans
- Monitoring and optimising safety procedures, production process and regulatory policy/ compliance
- Supervise construction and maintenance activities at the project site.
- Participate in surveying and analyse survey reports to establish reference points or grades to guide construction
- Making recommendations and presenting alternative solutions to problems arising at the sites.
- Inspect projects at various sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specification and safety standards.
- Provides estimates to determine the cost of projects by calculating the cost of labour, materials and other related costs.
- Undertaking feasible assessment of workers and equipment on site.
- Completes construction projects by preparing engineering design and documents and confirming specifications.
- BSc/MSc in Civil Engineering or other related fields. Knowledge in project management is a plus.
- Ability to explain and interpret design ideas and plans clearly.
- Confident decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to work within budgets and to meet deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Excellent team worker with good interpersonal skills.
- Technical knowledge of road construction processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point presentation).