IGCSE Geography&Global Perspectives Teacher
A school that runs the Cambridge International IGCSE and A Level curriculum seeks a dedicated teacher for IGCSE Geography Teacher. This role is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wants to expand their international curriculum teaching experience at a fast-growing, innovative and successful school.
Cambridge IGCSE Geography provides opportunities for enquiry into, and reflection on, key globalgeographical issues from different perspectives: personal, local/national and global.
Background and Experience
A graduate with experience/interest in research, critical thinking and appreciation of cultures will be an ideal candidate. A background in Geography is preferable.
- Geography major preferred
- International high school teaching experience preferred
- IGCSE/A-LEVEL course teaching experience preferred
- Geography/Global perspective Teacher preferred to teach Geography/global perspectives according to the syllabus
- Strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with diverse people
- Genuine interest in the field of Geography and global perspectives from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective
- Open mindset and ability to develop efficient student and parent’s relationships
- Willingness to embrace the school's core values.
- Teaching secondary Cambridge International Geography and Global Perspectives curriculum
- Ensuring that teaching and learning in the classroom is of a consistently high quality
- Actively contribute to a cohesive, hardworking and dedicated team
- Promote and develop students’ academic, personal, and social development beyond the classroom
- Create & update syllabi and lesson plans based on existing curriculum
- Provide high quality education to students: preparation, delivery, assessment
- Set specific teaching objectives, content, structure, and lesson plans to match needs of classes and individual students
- Use technology to enhance student learning
- Develop teaching and assessment resources
- Contribute to the selection and personalization of educational materials
- Serve as a role-model for student behavior, attitudes, and learning
- Help promote the school through participation in events
- Contribute to developing school goals, such as respect, independence, and teamwork
- Help students develop the understanding of different cultures and languages
- Actively participate in staff meeting and professional development
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Organize & deliver extra-curricular activities