Travel And Tourism Information
Food handlers responsibility
Food handlers are responsible for cooking, preparing, serving, packing, displaying and storing food. They must follow any safety instructions issued by an employer, and conduct their duties in such a way that they do not affect the health and safety of themselves, work colleagues, customers or their employers.
At work they must;
- Properly use and look after any cooking utensils and personal protective equipment.
- Not to engage in horseplay which would put others at risk.
- Keep to a minimum any contact with ready-to-eat food.
- Have high standards of personal hygiene.
- Regularly wash hands.
- Follow all safety instructions.
- Clean up as they go along.