Year in year out nature reminds us that we will be punished if we do not follow basic principles of hygiene. I trust we will follow these points at all times even after the current threat of “flu” is past.
- Stay healthy at all times including;
- Eating balanced meals with fruits and vegetables
- Keep well hydrated at all times
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and running water often but ESPECIALLY after shaking hands and touching surfaces such as door handles used by others
- Use a sanitizer when access to soap and water is difficult
- Place sanitizers in easily accessible areas in the workplace; factory, workshop, office, gym, home.
- Avoid crowded areas whenever possible
- Make sure you attend at least one of the onsite health education sessions on your premises
Watch out for these;
- Fever >38 degrees Celsius
- Aching muscles, chills, sweats, headaches, dry persistent cough
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
When you have any of the above signs and symptoms
SEEK URGENT MEDICAL CARE/ASSESSMENT AT THE ONSITE CLINIC OR OTHER HEALTH FACILITY IMMEDIATELY!!
The Medical Office