Stock Market Highlights
• The benchmark index advanced to a new year high of 2,027.12 with a 4.41% year-to-date return led by gains in SCB (+10.00%) and CAL (+8.70%) while market capitalization increased by 0.47% to settle at GH¢55.33 billion.
• The financial sector also increased, up 1.24% to close at 1,861.45 with a 4.41% year-to-date return.
Activity Levels Declined
• A total of 1,745,909 shares valued at GH¢1,205,788 changed hands this week compared to 6,392,186 shares valued at GH¢9,050,159 last week.
• MTN Ghana dominated trading activity, accounting for 91.94% of total value traded.
• We expect prices to pick up next week as investors take advantage of bargain stocks.
Benso Oil Palm Plantation (BOPP)
Ms. Esine Okudzeto has been appointed as an Independent Non- Executive Director of BOPP with effect from November 17, 2020.
Esine is the Deputy Managing Partner at Sam Okudzeko & Associates and she heads the firm’s Corporate/Commercial law group.
Investors looking to purchase/sell stocks and treasury bills can do so through SIC Brokerage Ltd.
Fixed Income Market Highlights
Disclaimer - SIC Brokerage and its employees do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using our content. No one should make any investment decision without first consulting his or her own Investment advisor and conducting his or her own research and due diligence. SIC Brokerage disclaims any and all liabilities in the event that any Information, commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and/or recommendations prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses.