The overall objective of the Department of Public Administration is to prepare professionally qualified persons who will be able to serve as generalists and specialists in administrative careers in government, public services agencies and related areas. Specifically, the department seeks to:
- Provide a professionally-oriented education for men and women aimed at administrative careers (in government) and related agencies
- Offer an opportunity for those now in public service to obtain additional education and credentials necessary for upward mobility
- Prepare students for advanced study in Public Administration
On the advice of the Head of Department, the student has the option to concentrate his or her studies in :
- Public Administration
- Local Government
- Procurement and Chain Supply Management
SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate holders
An aggregate score of 24 or better in both the core and elective subjects.
Must be from an accredited institution
The following qualifications are also acceptable for admission to degree programmes in the Department of Business Administration at the Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
- Diplomas from a recognized university
- Post-Secondary Teacher Training College certificate from a recognized institution
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
Candidates applying as Mature Students must be at least twenty five (25) years at least two (2) years’ working experience and/or evidence of any other educational upgrading. Note that all matured students will be invited for an interview.