The courses in the department have been organised and developed with the mission of the Institute in mind. To facilitate and enhance learning opportunities the department maintains a modern, well-equipped, self-help type Computer Laboratory with a full-time supervisor. In general, the purposes of the Department are:
- To provide an intellectual climate conducive to maximum student growth and development in a wide range of courses
- To offer appropriate internal and external learning experiences that will prepare students for graduate study as well as a smooth transition to the world of work
The department offers programmes in :
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Introductory courses in Computer Literacy
SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate holders
An aggregate score of 24 or better in both the core and elective subjects.
Must be from an accredited institution
The following qualifications are also acceptable for admission to degree programmes in the Department of Business Administration at the Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
- Diplomas from a recognized university
- Post-Secondary Teacher Training College certificate from a recognized institution
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
Candidates applying as Mature Students must be at least twenty five (25) years at least two (2) years’ working experience and/or evidence of any other educational upgrading. Note that all matured students will be invited for an interview.