Urgent Hire - Librarian
Education Manager Jobs Information
Academic City University College is at the forefront of disrupting higher education on the African continent with lifelong learning at the heart of what we do on our stunning and modern campus.
Our mission is to create a culture of life-long learning with a strong focus on enhancing student experience. Our ethos emphasizes on contributing to the needs of the future economy, ensuring our students and faculty have the skills required to stay relevant to the changing world.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and competent person for the position of Librarian. Reporting to the President & Provost.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills, training and a passion for excellence. A strong sense of ethics and attentive to details to succeed in this position.
The Librarian is responsible for acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users.
- Supervising Senior Library Assistant and Library Assistant
- Responsible for providing support to academic departments.
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources.
- Answering readers' enquiries.
- Using library systems and specialist computer applications.
- Management of Library staff, training and/or supervisory duties.
- Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organizations and suppliers.
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (eg. staff, students,
- disabled students).
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc.
- Promoting the library's resources to users.
- Acquisition of books.
- Communication with other Professional Librarians.
- Shelving of books and journals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of Dewey decimal system.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and accurate keyboarding skills necessary to manage clerical and cataloging duties.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous while interacting with library patrons.
Education and Experience:
- PhD or Masters in Information Studies.
- At least five years of relevant library experience.
- At least 2 or more publications
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to climb ladders or stepstools, push and pull book carts, and lift and carry books.
- Must be able to read and discern computer screens and book labels.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV with job title as subject.
Deadline; until role is filled