Quality Control Officer
Other Jobs Information
1 - 3 Years
Food and Beverage Jobs
Master/Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition & Food Science from a recognized University • Solid understanding of product testing, a firm grasp of best practices for testing product construction and durability against specifications. • Significant attention to detail • Familiarity with manufacturing processes so they can contribute to error reduction and process enhancements • Problem-solving skills • Good interpersonal and effective communication skills • Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Applications, • Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with great organizational skills
- Support implementation of quality, safety and environmental systems at all stages of production, processing and marketing produce and products in addition to Company operational sites.
- Support the preparation of a written quality control program for the Company and ensure its application and performance through the communication of the Company’s quality policy and values, staff training, and sensitization on the critical nature of the job across all units.
- Develop in collaboration with Procurement Officer, Assistant Retail and Branch Managers, quality-compliant assessment standards and procedures for receiving, storage and dispatch/delivery of fresh produce, dry items, and complementary products from local vendors, production and processing units, and imports.
- Ensure that the quality program provides a systematic approach for evaluation, inspection testing, and calibration on whatever is needed to monitor and ensure superior quality of all company products and meet customer specifications.
- Control temperatures of containers, freezers, fridges, and chiller three times daily, food handling and processing temperatures and continuously check expiration dates/expire produce and products in storage, ensure adherence to cold storage rules, FIFO ((First-In-First-Out)
- Undertake and report on weekly visits to Branches of The Farmer’s Market to assess a) processes used at the Branches to receive, store, merchandise, and sort unwholesome produce and products b)quality of fresh produce and products, dry and complementary items, and products merchandised or in storage c)cleanliness of dry shelves and bins, d)operations of equipment (cold storage, freezers, fridges, chillers) and operation of temperatures in use e)required equipment repairs, maintenance and/or replacements f)environmental safety, cleanliness within and outside the Branch premises and where required institute immediate collective measures.
- Control weights of produce and products during production, processing, storage and marketing.
- Supervise cleanliness and waste removal to ensure hygienic and safe foods and products.
- Check on the availability of supplies (quantity, type) and recommend replenishment in consultation with Branch Managers and Supervisors.
- Ensure the availability of PPEs for use in all Departments and Units.
- Monitor and ensure the availability of soap, sanitizer, paper rolls, and first aid kits.
- Ensure safe keeping of thermometers, wipes, and Critical and Quality Control Points booklet.
- Undertake inspection of produce and products during loading and check delivery vans prior to dispatch.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly stores and stock physical check-ups for divergence from standards.
- Assist in research, statistical, and feasibility studies and development to ensure continuous quality program improvements across company products.
- Prepare timely reports on damaged, spoiled and expired stocks as well as on raw materials and finished goods that do not comply with the set standards.
- Implement activities relevant to regulatory audits and requirements of certification programs.
- Undertake any other quality functions and reporting assignments and duties periodically assigned or as and when required by Management.
Tema Comm. 11
Ai 56 tema community 11