Lead – Quality Assurance Needed
Other Management Jobs Information
- Be responsible for QA compliance with regulations and norms set forth by Ghanaian legislation and the Franchisor. Compliance must align with which ever regulation or norm is more stringent.
- Identify resources and train QA Department team members as per the needs of the company.
- Train operations team on policies, processes and procedures.
- Lead the process for Store Self-Audits - manage performance and reporting of the same.
- Conduct announced and surprise audits at stores and match performance against the reported store self–audits.
- Ensure the corrective action plan is completed within the defined time lines, is effective and that it “sticks”.
- Be responsible for third party ACE audit performance. Ensure minimal deviations so store ratings are the highest possible.
- Participate in Food Safety Audits, QMS, QSA, DC Audit and Transport Audit along with External Auditor(s).
- Be responsible for compliance with the standards set forth by FDA, GSA, ACE Audits at store level and Yum! Brands- Warehousing and Transportation, and other requirements as defined by the Group, so as to deliver a 100% “NON-AUTOMATIC FAILURE compliance” in all Audit activities.
- Operate and Manage DC and Transport (Secondary Distribution) performances against YUM audits (Food Safety, Quality Systems, Packaging, Distribution and Transport). Close gaps identified in both internal and external audits and drive compliance and continuous improvement with 100% audit compliance.
- Identify and develop vendors locally at competitive rates so as to reduce dependence on imports.
- Liaise with the Franchisor to provide vendors with product & facility specifications.
- Audit vendor’s product and facility so as to certify them as compliant with the necessary guidelines.
- Lead menu localization initiatives by developing menu items suited to local preferences. Develop the recipe and SOP’s and gain approval of the same from the Franchisor.
- Lead New Product Development Initiatives with the aim of identifying better and cheaper alternatives to ingredients, chemicals, packaging etc. Getting products ready for trial and getting approvals for the same.
- Develop, train, and maintain Menu & Operational SOP’s across the Group, review and implement Food Safety.
- Develop, train and maintain Statutory, and Regulatory Compliance Programs, Procedures, SSOP’s Records and monitor the same across all Group businesses. - Supervise and help maintain Good Hygiene Practices (GHP), effective cleaning & sanitation and Personnel Hygiene Standards across all Group Businesses’.
- Conduct mock crisis management exercises at an agreed frequency.
- Plan and conduct Mock Recall of Raw and Products received, stored and distributed to Yum-approved DC’s, and Stores with 100% Effectiveness.
- Monitor raw products complaints from restaurants, analyze, plan and implement corrective action
- Plan and train all Supervisors, Team Members, Loaders, and Drivers, based on YUM! Guidelines for DC and Transport. Training includes;
o Crisis Management
o Product Security
o Facility HACCP System
o Good Manufacturing/ Distribution Practices
o Food Safety & Hazardous Material
o Yum! Brands Receivers, Loaders and Storing
o Cleaning & Sanitation
- Draw up Process Flow and specifications for all products and follow-ups with up-line, YUM QA and Supplier of Quality Assurance Programs (QAP’S), Process Flow, Specifications and QAP reviews.
- Carry out corporate quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing trends for failed processes, stability, studies, recalls, and corrective actions.
- Ensure strict enforcement of health, food safety and statutory regulations, quality standards, governance processes and compliance requirements.
- Lead and implement all Statutory and Regulatory Compliance applicable to the Group’s Business.
- Candidate must have strong relationships with all Local Statutory, and Regulatory bodies/ authorities including Local Assembly (Districts/ Municipal), Environments & Sanitation Units, FDA, GSA, GTA etc.