Commercial Inland Steering Coordinator
Sales Representative Jobs Information
Sales Representative Jobs
1 - 3 Years
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE • Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Sales, Engineering or Logistics. • At least 2 years experience in shipping/container steering, forwarding or logistics, preferably in sales or operations. REQUIREMENTS • Excellent understanding of Inland transport, as well as ocean shipping markets. • Very good written and oral French and English skills with shipping experience. • Must have a deep understanding of Inland transport performance measurement. • Well-developed analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a high level of initiative, ability to work in a team, and assertiveness. • Strong communicator with experience in management-level communications. • Good understanding of Microsoft applications. • Thorough knowledge of port-based applications (Navis, ICUMMS etc.) and documentation procedures. • Ability to work on several systems simultaneously and interpret the data. • Assertive negotiator and attention to detail. • Team player with a proactive attitude. • Ability to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven.
Our client, a leading shipping company is looking for an experienced individual for the role of a COMMERCIAL INLAND STEERING COORDINATOR to support the company’s operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting market and competitive insights (ambitions and product developments of competitors) and compiling market feedback from area sales to develop a market-based pricing approach and participate in area sales meetings. He or she will also be responsible for developing campaigns and initiatives in alignment with stakeholders to achieve area goals and communicate these globally and actively manage hinterland imbalances.
- Develop the area inland strategy and define the area-level inland ambition for the next budget year (volumes, profitability, Inland share, etc.) based on the regional inland target in alignment with sales, operations, and trade management.
- Align the commercial and the operational perspective to improve the area’s inland ambition and result.
- Develop the inland pricing strategy with the goal of end-to-end inland profitability including the evaluation of the inland tariff tool as well as Inland related surcharges.
- Actively manage the sales funnel for inland opportunities in the area.
- Identify customers with untapped inland potential and forward those to the relevant commercial teams for action.
- Forecast inland volumes based on sales and booking history to anchor the target mindset.
- Take responsibility for KPI achievement and compile the monthly inland performance report for the area including respective follow-up actions.
- Track progress towards the inland strategy of the area and define actions to ensure strategic measures are implemented.
- Define countermeasures where target achievement is at risk.
- Report regular performance updates to Area Sales Director and Regional Inland centre.
- Actively participate in area inland budget and forecasting process.
INLAND PRODUCT OWNER
- Gather feedback on the market (from other area inland functions) including potential transport solutions for different modes and include product needs in the final product offering.
- Identify Inland value propositions and support sales with tangible product information.
- Act as the main point of contact for the Account Managers on product-related Inland questions.
- Drive the identification and development of relevant Inland products and define the Inland network strategy by conducting required analysis on underserved/overserved locations, equipment levels, etc.
- Own the capacity demand forecasting reports and engage in active management of capacity availability and utilization.
- Analyse fixed capacity requirements based on operations and commercial data
- Support procurement on vendor negotiations and SLA definition to continuously improve and extend the vendor base.
- Plan and manage strategic vendor relationships.
1st otwe street