Director Of Admissions & Enrollment
Education Administrator Jobs Information
A Reputable Private University in Accra invites applications from qualified, results-driven and competent administrators to fill a vacant position as the Director of Admissions and Enrollment of the University College.
Director of Admissions Job Description
A director of enrollment, also commonly referred to as a director of admissions, heads up the enrollment department and process at a college or private educational institution. The director typically carries out a variety of tasks, but the general responsibility is to ensure an efficient enrollment process that helps the school achieve its admissions goals.
- Representing the department within the school, or leading departmental staff.
- Within the school, the director of enrollment must work closely with academic faculty and staff to set goals for admissions and to review challenges and concerns.
- The enrollment department may also have to prepare data on current students to help other departments more effectively plan for student management and instruction.
- The primary role of the enrollment director is to lead her staff in carrying out efficient and effective admissions processes.
- The goal of enrollment is to review applications, select candidates who best meet criteria for enrollment and communicate decisions.
- Directors bear great responsibility in ensuring this process is carried out with integrity, but it should also be accomplished as efficiently as possible for budgeting and customer service purposes.
- The director also monitors staff activities, evaluates employee performance and provides necessary coaching and training.
- Most enrollment departments engage in active student recruiting.
- The director is in charge of establishing recruitment plans and delegating travel and presentation responsibilities to staff. College recruiters often visit high schools to meet with potential students and to promote the college.
- To send out promotional literature and hold other recruiting events to help parents understand the benefits the school provides and how students can apply.
- Provides campus tours; discusses class availability, tuition rates and schedules; and enrolls students in programs.
- A successful admissions director typically has good people skills and is knowledgeable about the programs she represents.
- A successful admissions director has the ability to get prospective students interested in and excited about the programs her institute offers.
In-Depth Program Knowledge
A successful admissions director has an in-depth knowledge of the programs she represents. She should be able to provide answers to prospects’ questions concerning everything from tuition costs to the qualifications of individual instructors and professors. A successful admissions director is also knowledgeable about programs, so she can provide detailed information about what students can expect to take away from their training and education.
- Ba a part of the Executive Committee meetings and be privy to the decision making at the highest body of the institution.
- Take ownership for initiatives assigned in Executive Committee
- Lead new strategic initiatives on behalf of the President’s Office, and achieve institutional objectives.
Education and Skill Requirements
Candidates should hold a minimum of a Master's Degree in a field in Education Administration, Public Administration/Management or any related relevant field. He/she should, in addition, show evidence of a good grasp of administrative procedures and have rich and relevant post-qualification experience of not less than five (5) years.
Applications should be accompanied by copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of the three (3) referees
Applicants may submit applications with job title as subject
Closing Date: 31st March, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.